Saturday 24 September 2011

30 Week Book Challenge #2 - Your Least Favourite Book


I know this is slightly later than promised, but this week it's the turn of my least favourite book. I only very rarely put down a book halfway through reading it if I'm not enjoying it - I can't allow myself to do that as I feel I will never know what exciting thing might have been just over the next page...kind of an OCD thing, don't ask! So I've pushed myself to struggle through some really awful books during my time, but far and beyond all the others, the book I enjoyed the least has to be 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J. D. Salinger.

I know, I'm sure many of you are falling off your chairs at this as I know it's very popular and is even considered a 'classic' by some. If you are one of those people, I'm awfully sorry for not sharing your love. But seriously? I just didn't see the point. It was the most ridiculous, pointless book I ever read. In my opinion, it didn't have any plot to speak of, I didn't get along with any of the characters, and it was far too short.

My dislike of this book may have something to do with the fact that I read it as an early-teen, and so didn't appreciate it or its metaphors or social commentary or whatever it is that makes this book so popular. Whatever it was, I consider reading it as a waste of my time, hence why I won't ever be reading it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!